There are two questions that I get asked all the time namely: ''How can I improve my food photography and styling?'' and ''How can I grow my instagram following?'' This made it really easy for me to create a clear focus for this year's Spring instagram food photography challenge that would serve you best and allow me to share what I know in the most fun and creative way. Want to find out more? Then read on!
Last season more than 1000 images were submitted for the Winter food photography instagram challenge and the feedback I received from the participants was amazing, which made me realise that we've GOT to do it all again this season. Will you help me make it even bigger and better by sharing your creativity with us? How it works:
THE INSTAGRAM FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE TIMETABLE
- You have until MIDNIGHT GMT on Saturday, May 19th, 2018 to sign up to this free instagram food photography challenge (REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED! You can sign up to the next one below)
- You will receive your first e-mail on Sunday, May 20th, 2018 with an outline of all 12 challenges and the designated hashtag for the challenge
- I'll always ask for you to showcase your work on your instagram gallery every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- The first image will need to go live on Tuesday, June 5th and the last image should hit your instagram grid Saturday, June 30th.
- In this challenge the aim is to take your food photograpy and styling skills up a notch, help you learn more about growing your instagram following, give you the support of a creative on-line community, encourage you to post regularly onto your instagram gallery and fill your heart with food photography inspiration, ideas and tips. And the best part? It's FREE!
- You will receive a weekly e-mail for 4 consecutive weeks; each e-mail will include 3 unique photography challenges, visual mood boards and instagram growth tips to really spark your imagination.
- Just like in the last instagram photography challenge, you will have a minimum of 7 days to interpret the given food photography theme. This should give you enough time to experiment and have a play before taking your final shot.
- Please scroll down to join the mailing list and take part in this challenge. I can't wait to have you on board! (REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. Join the mailing list below to join the next one)
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE INSTAGRAM CHALLENGE?
Anyone, anywhere! It doesn't matter if you've never used a camera before or if you are a professional. The photography challenge is all about pushing your own individual boundaries, playfully experimenting and being as artistic and creative as you want to be.
IMPORTANT DETAILS ABOUT THE INSTAGRAM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE!
please tag @thelittleplantation in the comment section AND in your image. If you fail to do so, I may not be able to see your image
please use the designated hashtag in every image you submit to the challenge (the hashtag will be announced in your first email on May 20th)
UPGRADE! AND TAKE YOUR FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY AND INSTAGRAM GROWTH FURTHER
I am offering 2 special upgrade packages this year, which I can't wait to share with you.
Those signing up for my instagram Spring food photography challenge can purchase my brand new! 30+ page mini e-guide called ''10 REASONS YOU ARE LOSING FOLLOWERS ON INSTAGRAM (AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT)'' for £1.99 instead of £4.99! A steal! This offer is only available to those signing already on the mailing list, those signing up below on/before midnight May 19th GMT! So go ahead, sign up, take advantage of this fab offer as it's never coming back ;) and make sure that this season your instagram strategy is stronger than ever.
Limited spaces are available to ensure students get lots of individual attention and are really able to take their photography to another level
- The course will include 5 lessons and 1 individual 1-2-1 mentoring session
Students will receive the mini e-guide ''10 REASONS YOU ARE LOSING FOLLOWERS ON INSTAGRAM (AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT)
Students will also receive 3 food photography light room pre-sets
Homework, a quiz, a cheatsheet and a final assignment will help cement your learning
Prices start from £229. This is one of the cheapest packages I currently offer! So don't miss out!
Please e-mail me at kimberly(at)thelittleplantation(dot)co(dot)uk to reserve your spot and receive more information
P.S. You're welcome to check out some testimonials to see what it's like to work with me
NOW THE BEST BITS.....(SEE BELOW)
At the end of each week I'll choose my favourite 3 images, I'll mention the winning photographers of the image in one of my captions on instagram (think shout-out) AND make them my #instacrushoftheday on instagram stories. It's my way of saying thank you.
On Sunday, 7pm GMT I will show the 3 winning images of the week on instagram LIVE and give the creatives behind the images even more of a platform to be discovered and celebrated
You will also get access to my NEW on-line facebook creative community where I'll share further instagram and photography tips
IS THIS CHALLENGE FOR FOOD PHOTOGRAPHERS ONLY?
Yes! This challenge is aimed specifically at foodies, food instagrammers and (new as well as seasoned) food bloggers who want to work on improving their food photography and instagram presence.
DO I NEED A DSLR TO PARTICIPATE?
No, you can use a regular camera, an iphone camera or anything else you've got to hand.
WHAT IF I MISS ONE CHALLENGE BECAUSE I'M BUSY/TRAVELLING/SICK? WILL I BE DISQUALIFIED?
No, of course not. There's no pressure to 'perform'. It's all about having fun and thinking outside the box. However, if at all possible I'd really recommend you try your hand at every challenge to reap the benefits of regularly taking pictures.
WILL YOU COMMENT AND LIKE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY PICTURES?
I promise I'll look at all the images submitted and heart the ones that make me smile, but I may not have the time to comment on every entry. However, if you'd like some personal feedback I'd urge you to consider the UPGRADE package mentioned above.
CAN I SEE HOW EVERYONE ELSE HAS INTERPRETED THE CHALLENGE?
Yes you can and I strongly urge you to. I feel it's an important part of the learning process. Allow your fellow creatives to inspire you. And if an image moves you, show your appreciation, leave a comment and let this creative community flourish :).
I CAN'T MAKE THIS CHALLENGE. WILL YOU HOST ANOTHER ONE?
YES! I aim to host a challenge each season. Please sign up to the mailing list below to be notified of the next challenge.
I'M NOT ON INSTAGRAM, CAN I STILL PARTICIPATE?
No, I'm sorry. This online photography challenge is instagram based.
I'M ALREADY ON THE MAILING LIST. DO I NEED TO REGISTER AGAIN?
It depends. Please check the prompts in your last newsletter or get in touch if you're unsure.
ANY MORE QUESTIONS?
Just leave a question in the comment section and I'll answer it as best I can.