Hi, I'm Kimberly, I live in cool and cosmopolitan London, England where I pass my time working as a prop stylist and food stylist, food photographer, instagram growth coach, recipe developer, nutritional therapist and plant-based food blogger. For kicks I also edit the Bitter Foods Feed over at TheFeedFeed.
This blog is essentially the result of my mini mid-life crisis! You know when you stop and reflect on who you are and what’s important to you and suddenly realise that your dreams and hopes are taking a bit of a backseat? Well, plant-based food, nutrition, food photography and food styling are important to me, so – tada! – in May 2014 The Little Plantation was born. As the blog grew I left my job as a social worker, decided to follow my heart and move into food, nutrition, styling and photography full-time in the summer of 2016. Crazy, right!?! But I couldn't be happier and now spend my days...
- photographing images for food start-ups, cafes and restaurants
- prop and food styling cookbooks and commercials
- teaching students food photography 1-2-1 and in group settings
- mentoring students on-line to grow their instagram following, write a successful blog and to improve their social media presence
- developing lots of delicious vegetarian, vegan and raw vegan recipes for an array of brands
- seeing clients in London in my role as a nutritional therapist. But that's a whole other story, which you can read about here.
If you'd like to read about my food photography journey and get some tips along the way, I suggest you check out these blog posts. I so hope you find them helpful.
Take care and thank you so much for popping by.
Disclaimer 1: I am not a qualified doctor. All I can do is share my thoughts, ideas and personal experiences around food, nutrition and wellness and hence all information presented on this website is for informational purposes only. This website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and is not intended to be a replacement for any medical treatment. Please seek the advice of a healthcare professional for your specific health concerns.
Disclaimer 2: Some of the ads, resources and products displayed on my site and mentioned in my posts are affiliate links and I will earn a small commission if you purchase through these links. I have used all of the resources and products listed and recommend them based on my positive experience with them, not because of the commissions that I may earn from your use of their services.