After having so much fun teaching my first on-line interactive live food photography, food styling and visual story telling e-course I've decided to do it all again and welcome you to join me for my second LIVE interactive online food styling, food photography and visual story telling course!
To be honest I hadn't planned to launch the online food styling course again until the new year. But, following the lovely feedback I received from the students who signed up for the course over the summer (see below) and after developing such a strong desire to make the course even better this time around, I decided to follow my heart and make teaching you all I know about food styling and food photography what I do this autumn! Now, want to find out if this course is for you? Then please read on :).
WHO IS THIS ON-LINE INTERACTIVE FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY AND FOOD STYLING COURSE FOR?
Are you new to food photography and food styling and eager to kick start your learning process? Have you been taking food photos for some time, but find that you just can't get the images you really want? Or are you a long-term food blogger who has plateaued and is eager to take their food photography and styling to the next level? Great because this interactive food photography e-course is for you!
WHAT WILL BE COVERED DURING THE ON-LINE INTERACTIVE FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY, STYLING AND VISUAL STORY TELLING COURSE?
- CAMERA FOUNDATION - How to shoot in manual and master your camera like a pro.
- CAMERA GEAR - What to purchase and why?
- DETAILED LESSON PLAN 1
- LIGHT AND SHADOW WORK - What natural light set up works for food photography and why
- PROP AND BACKDROP SELECTION - What to consider when looking for backdrops and props
- FEEDBACK ON STUDENTS' WORK
- DETAILED LESSON PLAN 2
- FOOD STYLING - How to make food look as good as it tastes
- COMPOSITION - Learn key composition principles
- FEEDBACK ON STUDENTS' WORK
- DETAILED LESSON PLAN 3
- COLOUR THEORY - And why it matters
- THE ART OF VISUAL STORY TELLING - How to tell your food story through imagery
- FEEDBACK ON STUDENTS' WORK
- FINAL FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY, FOOD STYLING AND VISUAL STORY TELLING ASSIGNMENT
- DETAILED LESSON PLAN 4
- EDITING - Learn the key editing principles of Lightroom
- GET YOUR LIGHTROOM PRESETS
- DETAILED LESSON PLAN 5
WHEN WILL THE FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY E-COURSE TAKE PLACE?
The live interactive food photography course will take place on
- Saturday, October 6th
- Saturday, October 13th
- Saturday, October 20th
- Saturday, October 27th
- Saturday, November 17th
Classes start at 12.30pm BRITISH SUMMER TIME (BST). Please fill in the contact form below to get lesson duration and more info.
WHAT MAKES THIS FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY AND FOOD STYLING COURSE DIFFERENT?
I will be there LIVE online with you and your fellow students to answer your questions, guide your learning, show you how to style and shoot so that you can learn in real time with me there for you virtually. This way I get to respond to your needs in the moment allowing you to develop your skills and build your confidence as if you were with me in my little London studio. You also get a written lesson guide for each class so you can digest the information after the lesson ends.
There are lots of pre-recorded food styling courses but none where you get to learn alongside your teacher and fellow students in a small group setting, so don't miss out.
WHY SHOULD I STUDY WITH YOU?
- I have been a teacher in one capacity or another for 25 years!
- I have taught food photography to complete beginners and intermediate students in person and virtually, 1-2-1, in small groups and in large group settings. You can read my testimonials here.
- I teach from the heart with so much passion because I'm keen for you to learn and reach your full creative potential
- I know exactly how it feels not to get the food photography images you want. It's because I've gone through this creative struggle myself that I've gained a natural ability to explain food photography and styling in a way that I KNOW you'll understand no matter where you are at in your learning process
- I work professionally as a food photographer, food stylist and prop stylist.
- Still not sure? Then I advise you tune into my LIVE food blogger tutorials on instagram and facebook to get a really good sense of who I am and whether you like my style. For my LIVE dates, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
WHAT IF I MISS A SESSION?
The best thing to do is to block the teachig dates and mark them in your diary. However, I will record each lesson so that you have lifetime access to the classes. In addition you get a written lesson plan with each class to further help your learning before, during and after a session.
DO I NEED A DSLR TO PARTICIPATE?
No, you can use a point and shoot, mirrorless camera, an iphone camera or anything else you've got to hand. However you'll get the most out of this course if you have a DSLR.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO COMPLETE THIS COURSE?
You need an excellent internet connection and a computer! Apart from that for the lesson on editing, it's helpful that you have Photoshop and/or Lightroom.
IS THIS COURSE A LOT OF WORK?
The course is what you make of it. If you are really committed to hone your craft and up your game, the more you invest in the learning process and complete your homework, the more you will get out of it. That's not to say there's anything wrong with doing the LIVE lessons and leaving the homework completion for a later time/date. It's up to you.
WHEN DOES REGISTRATION CLOSE?
Monday, October 1st at midnight BST. But be quick as spaces are limited ;).
WHAT IS THE COURSE FEE?
Early bird offer: £289 (if paid in full on/by 31/August/18). It's £319 thereafter.
ANY MORE QUESTIONS?
If you'd like the full course outline, if you'd like to book a non-committal discovery call, if you'd like my LIVE schedule to check me out before you book or if you want to secure your spot, then please complete the contact form below, making sure you submit the correct e-mail address ;). I can't wait to hear from you.